Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Diva Challenge #235

This week's I am the Diva challenge was to use a string made of horizontal lines.




This tile features a variant of Purk, linked by Betweed, and bordered with Shattuck. I used a Renaissance tile as I wanted to see how it would work with Purk and a white wax pencil for highlights. 

I'm still struggling with Betweed. The heavy weights at the end of each line go lumpy for me. Any suggestions?




This second tile is another Renaissance tile and a white waxed pencil. I started with two Barber Poles (take a look at my recent Opus tiles to see how I've used them), added some Tripoli to accidentally create a brick-like string and then went a bit crazy adding other tangles. Printemps, Tipple, Tagh, Quabog and another tangle I don't know the name of are here. This is a good argument that less is best. Not one of my better tiles but it's the process that counts, right?



Finally I have an original tile with an old favourite, Knightsbridge. Knightsbridge was one of the first tangles I learnt and one of the first I started to Tangleate (?). Behind Knightsbridge is Quib, cornered by Oke and Squill.

Enjoy.


Miss L




7 comments:

The Yorkshire Tortoise said...

Lovely tiles, like the shiny on Knightsbridge

Jean Chaney said...

Yes, it is the process that counts, but you have made some delightful tiles to look at. I particularly like the first one and the Betweed doesn't look "lumpy" to me at all :)

Simone said...

Lovely tiles! My favourite is the first one. Just so simple and elegant.

Anne's tangle blog said...

I like all of these. I have the same problem with Betweed as you do, but when I look at yours, I see no problem at all.

Ilse said...

Lovely tiles! It is the process that counts, but the results you've created count as 'well done' as well! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Just sayin'.

Suzanne Fluhr said...

I like what you did with the Diva's challenge on the Renaissance tile. When I use Betweed, my edges do sometimes get a little "lumpy" because I'm usually having to try to blend the crossing curved line into the vertical side lines. I usually just go back and clean it up by making the in between vertical lines thicker. But, as someone said above, your's looks fine and even if it had a few lumps----I think the Zentangle ethos wouldn't want you to care. (I admit I'm much better at giving this advice than following it). ;-)