Pages

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Tangling

After a month or so of losing my Zentangle mojo I'm now in a better place for drawing. I'm trying to just go with the flow a bit more - draw what I want, when I want or not draw if I don't want. That means going back to the original tangles from the Mother Ship while still playing around with some of the new tangles that appear on challenges.

In this week's Zentangle Apprentice class I'm showing the students Paradox and Mooka. I remember learning Mooka from Shelly Beauchamp CZT. I couldn't get this one on my own and needed a teacher to guide me. Now it feels so natural for my pen to flow into those shapes. And with Paradox, I'm still amazed at the wonderful patterns that emerge from such a simple technique.

Other happenings in the world of Miss L

  • still waiting for our bathroom renovations to start
  • feeling the results of having a personal trainer. Nick pushes me hard which spurs me onto to push myself even harder. I loved feeling smashed at the end of a circuit session. 
  • Autumn has arrived. Cold nights and cool days already. 
  • School holidays are nearly here, which means I've been at my new school for one term. Very happy at my new place - the students, the staff, even the built environment are all good.

Diva Challenge - #310 - Frunky


This is a new tangle for me. I had fun playing around with it this morning. I suspect this one will creep into my work without deliberate thought as it combines elements of other tangles I already use.

My first tile is my disaster tile which I didn't finish. The tile got too crowded, my take-offs and landings were bad and my pen was running out and becoming scratchy.


Here's a revised version. Simpler, cleaner and with a new pen.


Couldn't resist doing another tile.


Made by Joey


Tangles include Natti, Narwal and 'Nzeppel. It's been a while since I last tried to draw Narwal. I'm happy with what I drew today. It's worth revisiting tangles from the past because, with increased experience and skill, you might be better at drawing them now. 





Other drawing






Thanks for leaving comments and for dropping by.

Miss L





19 comments:

Ilse said...

It shows you've got your zentangle mojo back! Beautiful tiles, especially the last 2 Diva tiles and Joey's N.

Gudrun S. said...

Wonderful tiles :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like the muse is back! Lovely tiles. I really like the way you did your turquoise gems.

Joey said...

Love them all!

Maggibee said...

For someone with a recently misplaced mojo, you surely got a lot of work done, and all of it full of interest. Like you, think Frunky is going to be a very useful pattern, developing on from Fescu in some ways. Doesn't it remind you of old Japanese drawings of the sea? Well, keep on keeping on, Miss L, I love seeing your work each week.

Anne's tangle blog said...

I LOVE your Frunky tiles with the gems. I also like the rest you are showing us. Keep warm in that autumn you have over there. I very happy spring has arrived here!

Susie Ng said...

All fantastic tiles, but the double paradox is my favorite. From the mooka variation, which I find an absolute excellent idea and caused my brain cells turning, to the tiny balls each with their little hook. Maybe mooka is not mooka and the tiny balls actually have a pattern name as wel, all I see is a perfect tile perfectly executed. Well done!

Katharina Königsbauer-Kolb said...

I like your frunky tiles very much and I'm happy to hear that this tangle will creep into your drawing even unconsciously.

Annette P.-L. said...

So many wonderful pieces to see here! I think your inspiration and creativity are back!

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Your mojo seems to have returned with a vengeance based an your impressive and creative production. Given your reference to the autumn, I take it you are located in the Southern Hemisphere. I'm happy to be sliding into spring up here in the Northern Hemisphere.

trudi said...

Glad your back in the groove! Lovely work.😀

Lori said...

Definitely the mojo's back. :)

jeanchaneyaz said...

I love the more simple tile with Frunky. Those gems are so rich looking. The second really frames the Flukes and gives nice contrast. Love that Narwal in pinks!

Lorna said...

Your second funky with the gems is my favourite. All are great!

ria matheussen said...

I'm happy for you that your inspiration is back! Nice work Karen!

Anja said...

Your tiles are so beautiful! Love them all!

Susan Theron said...

Lovely tiles and other drawings.

Chrissie Frampton said...

What a lovely selection of Frunky and other tiles.

Joey said...

They are all so beautifully done! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!
~ joey ~