Pages

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Tangle challenges

Today is the last day of school holidays. Even though I've been teaching for over 10 years, I'm still nervous the day before term starts. I'm ready for the term, I'm looking forward to working with the kids, I like my new school, I have some fun technology to play with, but I'm still nervous.

There's always that little voice of doubt that asks: have you prepared enough? Do you really know what you are doing?

These holidays have been very different. Started off with a technology conference for a couple of days, then a few days of cleaning out the garage and doing a lot of gardening and tidying up. A few days on my own bushwalking, horse riding and driving, a few days sick with hives (ended up in Emergency one night, the itch was so bad), a few days doing school work, more gardening and a few visits to the gym in amongst it all. 

Diva #313 - Earth Day


I started this tile last night, before the Diva released her challenge. I think it fits. It was one of those times where I started with a vague idea and then kept adding to the tile, very much in the Zen moment of it all.

It's on A4 card, with metallic gel blue pen, some Zen Gems (where have they gone this year?),  lots of Poke Root and Flux.



Made by Joey


We are up to the letter Q. For this challenge I used Q-Belle, with Quare and Queen's Crown. I tried to add gold-ish coloured pencils for some colour but that didn't work out so well.

Looking forward to finishing the alphabet challenges so I can get out of the diary that I've been using. The paper is soft and hard to work with. But I set myself a goal of completing them all in this diary so complete them  I will.



Exercise


I've been a regular at my local gym for the past months. Recently I started working with a personal trainer, Nick. While my weight is stable and not going down, my strength and fitness have been increasing to an extent I didn't think possible.

Here is my favourite piece of gym equipment. It's a sled.


What you do is push the sled from one end of the grass carpet to the other. One direction you push using the vertical poles, which is the easiest way. Then on the return you push using the low horizontal bars. It works your legs and butt very hard, as well as all those upper body muscles you didn't know you had.

I started out barely being able to push 20kg. Now I'm up to 50kg. Nick has dared me to push him. I reckon I could do that in a month or two, or maybe three.  Seeing progress makes me try even harder. Loving it.

Have a great week and thanks for dropping by. Your support and encouragement does make a difference.

Miss L







11 comments:

ria matheussen said...

I wish you a good start at school after the break but I'm sure you will do it fine.
I admire your courage and strengh to explore so many things and to do exercises to keep in good shape.
I do like your tangling work very much and again you have created a wonderful organic tile. Thank you for sharing.

Lorna said...

Such a happy feeling to your earth day tile!

trudi said...

I think the gold worked on the Q, we are always so hard on our own work

jeanchaneyaz said...

Your challenge piece is stunning. I love the color in the gems and the stripes, and then how you left the remaining simple.

Melena said...

Your Amanda Earth Day tile is absolutely gorgeous. I love how the jewels pop out and showcase the top tangles and the light tangles in the background really set off the whole tile. As for the exercise, you give me incentive to get myself moving. Thank you for that. Have a great week!

Ilse said...

Funny, for Joey's challenge we've used Queen's Crown just the other way around in the Q ;-)

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your Diva tile is more then beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love your gems in this beautiful tile!

Michele Wynne said...

Beautiful work! Kudos to you for you commitment to fitness 😉

Maggibee said...

I hope your new term has started well and you are back in the swing of things. I used to feel that way too, every new term. As soon as you get started, the excitement takes over and the fun begins. Your drawings are lovely , especially the Diva one. A4 is quite a big space to fill but you make it look easy.

Susan Theron said...

Your entry for the earth-day challenge is stunning and for the Joey one, I like the way you used Quare.