Luckily here it is a dry heat which is not as hard to deal with as humid heat.
I'm currently savouring my last week of holidays before returning to work and a new school next week. Getting lots of drawing in and getting ready to refurbish parts of our house. Bathrooms and window furnishings are top of the list. More on that in the weeks to come.
Diva #299 - Drawings
This is a tangle that I tried last week during the 12 days challenge in December. Didn't like it, couldn't get it to work. Then I visited CharKat's entry for this week's challenge and I understood it better.
Tip for drawing Drawings - start from the outside and work inwards. That gives a more natural flow to the lines.
Here are my two tiles. The first uses a filler based on Bunzo while the second uses Dex and some Inktense pencils.
Made by Joey
This week's Made by Joey features Cat-kin and the letter C. I've added Curly-Q, Cathedral and Chard. I used a spray mist to colour the page. The mist took ages to dry, even in this heat and weakened the paper. Will have to use less next time.
(post updated 19 Jan)
I don't always attempt Adele Bruno's challenges. There's only so many hours in the week for drawing! I couldn't resist this week as it uses Paradox (we should all know this one), Fassett (which I used to use a lot but have forgotten) and Trimonds (a new one for me which I will try and use for often).
It took me a couple of attempts to get a tile that I was happy with. The first one is incomplete and in the bin.
Here's my second one. Much too busy I think.
And now the tile that I submitted. The phrase 'less is more' comes to mind here.
Both tiles use yellow spray mist. The second also uses white pencil.
Colourful Arukas continued
I started playing with this style of drawing Arukas after reading Eni Oken's blog. Here are my latest (and possibly final) ZIAs in this series.
Thanks for your comments and for dropping by.