Today I produced 3 tiles for the challenge. I'm on school holidays at the moment so in theory I had the time. However, I had, and still have, quite a bit of marking to do before school returns. Drawing won out this afternoon.
I took a broader approach to the spring theme with my first tile. I also took inspiration from the many Tanglers who colour their tiles with watercolours first. Here's my first tile.
|Features Blooming Butter, Festune and Pepper|
In my second tile I continued to play with water colours, using blues and greens which are more usual colours for me compared to the yellows and oranges above. This tile I used a similar spring string to what the Diva used.
|Features: Zander, Pixioze and Printemps|
Finally, I thought I'd go colour-free. My twist was to use Tangles starting with the letter B. No reason for this other that than I liked what I saw when I found Beadlines.
|Features: Beadlines, Bunzo and Blips|
Other Zentangle drawing
This week I've been playing around with the new string 205 from Tanglepatterns. I'll get around to posting my tiles later in the week (have to get that marking done first!).
Here's my favourite attempt.
What I'm doing this week
* continuing to exercise and eat better. Have a look at my Diva post for last week to see what it was like to spend a week at a health resort. I recommend it to anyway who needs a total break from routine.
* catching up with a friend. We are combining our usual walk and talk with a cardio workout. There are cardio exercise stations along one of the paths we take. I hope to be able to walk without groaning afterwards.
* reading Game of Thrones. I only started reading it a week ago. Very hard to put down.
* making air dry clay pots with my son, BoyBoy. He's doing ceramics at college (year 11) so we're getting in some practice time at home.
* taking BoyBoy for driving lessons. He is eligible for his provisional licence in about 2 months. He won't be ready by then but that's OK.
* looking forward to a night away and lots of country/alpine driving and bushwalking with the Husband this weekend.
* marking, marking, planning and marking.
Have a good week and thanks for dropping by.