Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Diva 244 - Tripoli

This week's Diva challenges uses one of my favourite tangles - Tripoli.

Before I attempted it, I had a look at what some other people had created. I was particularly impressed with what the lovely Yorkshire Tortise drew. Her tile features a ring comprising various tangellations of Tripoli.

This week I have used some different paper for my tile. The paper is called 'Marbletone Board' in cream and is 200gsm. I found it in the fancy paper section of my local office supplies store.

I was in my local office supplies store because :

  1. I was purchasing more A4 folders and photo corners which is how I store my completed tiles and larger ZIAs (see below)
  2. I had finished a lot of work that day for school and needed to reward myself (without sugar!)
  3. I never need much of an excuse to have a wander through this particular store. It is pretty big and I love, love, love stationary.
Here's my tile. It is about 20cm square.

The string is one of Shelley Beauchamp's spiral strings and inspired by one the drawings in her book. (Can't wait to see Shelley again next year.)

Tile Storage

I Tangle a lot. Lately I've been spending at least an hour every evening drawing, and longer on weekends. What to do with all those tiles and pages?

I store my work in A4 folders that have in-built plastic sleeves. I put black card in the sleeve then attach my tiles to them with photo corners.

The beauty of photo corners is that they hold the tiles in place while allowing you to remove them at any time.

Let's say you are struggling for inspiration. You look through you past work, which is easy to do as it is in a neat book form. You find a tile that looks great but you can't remember the tangles. Not a problem because you simply slide the page out and slip the tile off the page so you can read the notes on the back. This is where you would have noted down the tangles you used to create this master piece.

Here's a photo of a page from one of my albums and a close up of a photo corner. I also have a larger version of the album to store my Opus tiles. I purchased that folder at a scrapbooking store.

Health update

Scans have been completed. Everything is clear. I've finished the anti-biotics for whooping cough. The fatigue I have is back to normal levels for me. Thanks for supportive comments. They help.

Have a good week.

Miss L


Ulrike B. said...

wow, beautiful work

1 Art Lady Kate, Tangles and More said...

Glad that you are starting to feel better. Great tile for the challenge and what a nice way to store your work!

Anne's tangle blog said...

So glad your health is improving!!!!! I do like your spiral Tripoli's.

Anja said...

Gorgeous tile!

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Happy to learn that your whooping cough symptoms are resolving. Mine lasted for a solid 6 weeks and then lingered in a milder form for 6 months. It's a virus, so it's hard to imagine that the antibiotics worked unless you had developed some secondary infections. But, enough medspeak. Thanks for sharing how you store your tiles. It looks like a good system. I like the string you chose for the Diva challenge. It works well to display the Tripoli tangleations.

The Yorkshire Tortoise said...

Thanks for the compliment. I love how you have put all the variations of Tripoli into a snail string. It looks great in the Renaissance type colours and much better with the white shadowy outline. What a clever system you have for storing your tiles. I am afraid mine just to into an old floppy disc container.

Sue Sharp said...

Love the Tripoli in the spiral - Beautifully done!