Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Tangle challenges 22 Feb

This week I've been playing around with the new official tangle Waybop. How lucky for me that both the Diva and It's a string thing challenges feature it this week. 

Here's my Diva tile. I've added Hollyhock, Crescent Moon and Flux to Waybop.


Here's my IAST tile for last week. I've added Mooka, some odd heart-shapes and a pathway of B-tweed. I used some new blank post card paper for this which comes in at 300gsm. Very nice to play with. 

I added colour by first wetting a section of tile with water, applied with a broad paint brush. Then I sprayed blue and yellow Mist sprays onto baking paper. I then  placed the paper on my tile and gave it a rub, which produced the solid colour and the fine spray at the same time. 





Finally, here's an A5 sized ZIA that I made the other night. In this one I've linked the Waybops, added Emingle to the centre pieces and then Sandstorm in light grey pen on the outside. Dark blue Derwent water colour pencils for the contrast colour.



This week, as usual, I participated in Made by Joey's challenge. Joey started with Hollibaugh. I added Huggins, Hibred, Hypnotic and Hurakan.



This week's Kitty Pic is a photo I took yesterday of Arthur playing with a new toy. He's such a cutie! And he is as sleek and soft as he looks.



Thanks for visiting and adding your comments to my blog. Your comments give me a lift.

Miss L


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful work! All of it! I can't pick a favorite!

ria matheussen said...

Wonderful tiles, I love Hollyhock inside Waybop, it's a beautiful combination with the Flux.
I also like your Mooka coming out of Waybop and I have red very good your color technique. Thank you Karen. It is very nice.
And your third word is very pretty with these soft blue and the patterns in the background.
Gorgeous work, all three!!!
Using only tangles is very original and I like your result too!
I had also such a kind of toy for our two dogs, but I have given it away because it was always a struggle between the two of them. It's funny to see how Kitty Pic is trying to get something out of the box.

michele said...

Gorgeous collection of work. I love how you used Hollyhock within Waybop. I may have to try that. I can see you've had as much fun with Waybop this week as I have;-)

Joey said...

I love Huggins in the H!

Anne's tangle blog said...

All so very beautiful, but the A5 Zia is my absolute favorite! Hm .... maybe the real favorite is Arthur :-)

Annette P.-L. said...

All are so beutiful! I can´t decide for a favorite!

jeanchaneyaz said...

You've done it again! You made beautifully tangled pieces but your sweet kitty has stolen my heart!

Heike said...

Such wonderful tiles, each one unique. I can't decide which I like best.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Waybops.... all of them! Love how "flowery" your zendala feels! I love the photo of Arthur.... I just want to cuddle him! :)