Pages

Thursday 7 December 2017

Zentangle challenges

Not much drawing going on this week for various reasons: time, tiredness, Christmas shopping. 

Before I get to my Diva tile, I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the number of participants in the Diva challenges has been decreasing? A year ago she was getting over 100 entries each week but now she is down to about 40 or so.

Anyone know why this is so? Where are people getting their challenge fixes from or is the Zentangle community moving away from weekly challenges?

For myself, I used regularly visit people's blogs and comment on their tiles, particularly Diva challenge tiles. This year I changed schools and other life matters changed too, leaving me less head space to comment and visit. 

Thoughts?

Diva challenge #344 - Afterglo


My tile is based on something I saw on the Zentangle App Mosaic. The colour was created using Faber-Castell water colour pencils.


Here's a version using Mooka instead of Afterglo.



Cats and Kittens


A work colleague is foster mum to some kittens. They can't be left alone all day so she and her partner are taking turns bringing them into work. They are just 4 weeks old and sooooo cute. I am NOT taking one home.


Here's Arthur wanting attention.



Have a great week and thanks for dropping by.

Karen



8 comments:

Gudrun S. said...

Wonderful tiles:-))

ria matheussen said...

That use of Faber Castell water colour pencils is beautiful, I love both of your tiles. (I use Faber Castell ordinary colourpencils and I'm satisfied about them too)
I noticed also the decreasing of entries. Maybe more people choose Facebook??? I wouldn' t know, I am not on Facebook.
Best regards and nice from you to take care of the kittens.

Anonymous said...

Love the red poke root. Makes a nice seasonal tile.

Michele Wynne said...

Lovely tiles and cute kitties😍

Anne's tangle blog said...

Wow Karen, I LOVE that Afterglow tile. It's quite special.
And, yes I did see the decreasing number of participants and was also wondering what the reason might be. Maybe jus wanting something new (different) like most of us want nowadays. Or like Ria said, it's Facebook. Posting there is quicker. For me I do FB but love the blogs used for this challenge.

Mariët said...

Fantastic combination of Afterglo and PokeRoot!
Also the Mooka tile is fabulous!
Great work!

Shelly Beauch said...

Hi Karen, your tiles are beautifully festive, they gave me a smile! I think there are many tanglers going to Facebook and Mosaic for their challengers. Life moves in many directions. Cheers xx

Annette P.-L. said...

Wonderful and very festive tiles! I love that RED!