Pages

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Tangle challenges and other Zen art

Last week I wrote that I hadn't been doing much drawing and that I'd lost my drawing mojo. That is something that I know happens from time to time. I tackled that problem head on by downloading a few video lessons from Eni Oken's webstore. Results are below.

Last weekend I went skiing again. Fourth day this season. It snowed all day. Had lots of different types of snow ranging from hard, icy balls that hurt, to super fine powdered sugar to clumps of torn tissue paper. 

Below is me near the end of the day when the sun finally came out.  The photo underneath me is BoyBoy mid-snow ball fight with me. Magnificent, unreal superb day with my two favourite men in the world. 





Diva #333 - Cosy


For my first tile I used the same tangles as the guest hosts combined with the string Suzanne Fluhr used. I liked the process but not how Ennies turned out. Have to take more care with my take offs and landings.



For my second tile I did tangles that relax my hand. I added some colour as I already had some coloured pencils out for another tile.




Made by Joey


The mosaic challenge continues and I continue to learn new tangles. 



Other drawing


Lately I've been watching some videos by Eni Oken. The challenge for me here is to take what Eni teaches and apply that to my own style of drawing. Here are some tiles featuring Eni's version of Peaknuckle, and tiles using Jaysix and Shnek as well as working on my rounding and line weights. 

I'm exploring Eni's tangled words video. In that video Eni uses a tangle called Mooka 3D. I need much more practice with that tangle as my style of Mooka doesn't work with the 3D effect yet. 






Other art


Last week I attended a painting event with my buddies from work. The event involved creating an artwork in 2 hours by following the instructions of a teacher. It was lots of fun and hard to imagine how we could end up with a painting so quickly. We did it and have the photos to prove it.



Have a great week and congrats for getting to the end of this post.

Miss L









5 comments:

jeanchaneyaz said...

I really like the second tile you did for the challenge. That blue is such a lovely addition to the tangle. Eni is very creative with Zentangle, and you really came up with some nice things.
I also enjoy seeing photos of you and your family. Thanks for sharing.

michele said...

All of your pieces are lovely! I especially like those Eni inspired ones. I look to her work a lot when I'm in need of some inspiration. I recently did one of those paint nights with my sister and nieces. I've never done that before and it was so much fun.

Suzanne Fluhr said...

So nice what you did with my string---cozier than mine, I think. One of the cool things about Zentangle is how even the same person can use the same string and end up with very different looking tiles. I should try some of Eni's videos. Your tiles based on her instruction are very nice and proficient. I also like the cozy tile you did just using blue as an accent. The painting class looks like fun. They have some places for that in my area. I wonder how a Zentangle and Wine evening would go.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Those cozy tiles are lovely, I especially like the one with the blue in it. Thanks for sharing those winter photo's.

HeidiSue said...

That second tile, with the blue...under those wonderful Mookas. is that what you mean by not very good at 3-D Mooka? because...wow. I can't wait to see what you do when you "get good at it" hahaha. but all of them are lovely, and that paint night looks like it was much fun.