Pages

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Tangle challenges

No blogging for me last week but lots of drawing.

The no blogging was because I spent a couple of days last week in Adelaide (a city over 1,000km away from my home) presenting at a conference. The conference was about how teachers use ICT and I was there to show people how to use a particular application.

This was the first time I'd ever presented at a conference before, of any type. It was a huge honour to be asked and a massive experience for me to actually do it. It also represents a new direction for me in teaching. These days I'm becoming good at teaching teachers how to use computers. This is not a direction I would ever have expected or thought possible. Very interesting times ahead for me.

So, no time to post but I have been drawing.

Diva #337 - Artoo


I liked Laura's triangular tile this week but don't like using them myself - I'd rather go big than small. However, I did use the triangle as a string. Here's my tile. It's on a renaissance tile as I'm running low on normal tiles - my next order should be here soon.



Made by Joey this week


This week's challenge was to use a 3D cube as a string as well as Betweed. Not sure that I like my result but here it is anyway.


Made by Joey last week


This is final week of the Tangle Mosaic challenge. Patience was something I struggled with in this challenge. Happy with the end result though.


Other drawing


I've been following Eni Oken for some time and have downloaded some of her lessons. This week I played around with her Tangled Ropes lesson.  This was lots of fun. Here are some examples.



Art Journal


My intention of adding to this every day was not realistic. That's OK. I do use it a couple of times a week. I find it good for focussing on the Zen of Zentangle - the process and the focus and the relaxation. Here's something I did last week. Dinner got delayed that night.





Have a great week and thanks for dropping by.

Miss L










5 comments:

Ilse said...

Beautiful work, especially the first two tiles. Oh, and your mosaic and... ;-)

michele said...

You certainly did have a productive week of drawing;-) I love how your mosaic turned out. My favorite pieces have to be the twisting ropes. Well done!

Lori said...

What a lovely collection of tiles!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Wow, what a great experience for you to be teaching in such an important event!!!!
I love the Diva challenge and so will Artoo himself I'm sure :-)

Annette P.-L. said...

All are wonderful! Especially I like the mosaic and the ropes!